first smoke on the mes 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lunchbox1724

Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
coal region pa

so im doing my first smokw in my new mes 30, and im smoking a chuck roast that i coated with lea&perrins bold steak sauce and a rub i made. I pre heated my smoke at 7 am, to 240, and used hickory wood chips, smoked till i got an it of 165, now i just double wraped it in foil, im wanting to pull the chuck at what temp should i take it out and let it rest? Qview to come when chuck is done.

Last edited:
Cullen,

Sorry I and everyone else missed this post from 3 days ago. Don't give up on us---It doesn't happen often!!

Bear

Sorry it took me so long to up load the q view guys, but I pulled the chuck at 195 and it turned out great good smoke flavor and tender as hell.

Looks like a real nice first smoke!!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Thanks waterinhole I was very happy how it turned out
Wow how'd we all miss this?

Sorry Lunchbox, really we weren't ignoring you. You know Bear is good when he doesn't even need to be here to help people! Wait till you try his other stuff, his Prime rib roast......... to die for! And that double smoked Easter ham........ I can smell the smoke coming from his pit when he fires that baby up. And that is a house or two up from me.....LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky