First Smoke in my MES 30"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
OK, So I got the MES 30" because I wanted to try the electric smoker and the reviews on this are almost all good (I normally use a Oklahoma Joe when smoking). 

So I fired this up yesterday (outside temp was about 12°. I set the MES to 260° and let it warm up. I have an A-Maze-N pellet smoker but wanted to use the chip tray for the first try. I loaded it up with Orange wood chips and put in a nice Venison roast.

even with the outside temp low the MES held right about 256°. Dumped chips three times and it was done.

Here is the result:

OK, So I got the MES 30" because I wanted to try the electric smoker and the reviews on this are almost all good (I normally use a Oklahoma Joe when smoking). 

So I fired this up yesterday (outside temp was about 12°. I set the MES to 260° and let it warm up. I have an A-Maze-N pellet smoker but wanted to use the chip tray for the first try. I loaded it up with Orange wood chips and put in a nice Venison roast.

even with the outside temp low the MES held right about 256°. Dumped chips three times and it was done.

Here is the result:

Very  nice work. Great roast.  Jted

Nice looking roast.  I wish I was in an area where I could hunt more  :(  

How'd you like the new smoker?  I love the set temp and leave it of a electric.
I like the new smoker a lot. The ability to set the temp and have it hold there (especially with the cold outdoor temp) was really nice. I think I will use it a lot more this winter. than my OK Joe just for that reason alone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky