first smoke ever on the CG

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wht93gted

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
well, it's begun; my first time smoking anything ever!!! and it just happens to be on the char grill smokin' pro.

I'm so excited I had to post up some pics even though the ribs won't be done until 6pm tonight...or so...

so, here are the pics...just getting started!

with the smoker fully warmed up, this gauge is showing about 25* below the actual temp. I have 2 over thermometer's inside (1 on each side). They were showing roughly 225* inside
1.JPG

here's the SFB filled with Wicked Good Charcoal weekend warrior blend, with a few hickory chunks thrown in. This is 1 unlit chimney.
2.JPG

said charcoal!

3.JPG

here's the chimeny getting going! it's only on the grate for the photo-op :)
4.JPG

ribs all trimmed up! I've never trimmed them before or even open a package of ribs for that matter. How they look? They were only like $7.99 a rack...is that a good/bad price?
5.JPG

Mapp gas to light the chimney...it was actually super easy to light with this. It did spark quite a bit, but it was real easy.
6.JPG

warming up!! how's the smoke look?
7.JPG

OK...here're the results of the first smoke!

The fatty was delicious! As were the ribs!

fatty: done!
10.JPG

check out the smoke ring
8.JPG

ribs commin off the smoker
9.JPG

inside after they're nice rest & ready to eat!
11.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky