First Smoke Ever! Butt with Q VIEW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cosmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 9, 2011
Northern Colorado
Well i had a great time with my first smoke this weekend.  I got a little worried a few times during the process, but stuck it out and everything turned out great.  (though i did obliterate a couple hotdogs that i forgot about)

It was about a 7.5lb butt.  I rubbed it the night before and this is what it looked like in the morning.  

16a8f221_mms_picture_3.jpg

Unfortunately the pictures I took between here and about two hours in didn't come out very well.  

So about two hours into the smoke (i think)

a6eb8a6a_mms_picture.jpg2581.jpg

little further...

4252b866_mms_picture.jpg2571.jpg

Finally I got a picture with some smoke in it!

9be09881_mms_picture2.jpg

I guess it must have been getting dark because at this point the pictures got really bad, so the next one is after the rest!

40c57169_mms_picture.jpg259.jpg

I couldn't have been happier.  Well gremlins did run off with some of my bark...

Anyway it pulled apart extremely easily.  I did it by hand.

pictures of the pulled yummyness.  

b3de53bc_mms_picture.jpg258.jpg

e3a795aa_mms_picture.jpg

d02144d2_mms_picture.jpg257.jpg

It was delicious, used a finishing sauce and ate tons.  

Thanks to everyone here on SMF my first smoke was a great success. 

Thanks!! 

I tweaked my rub a bit and rubbed down a 9.5lb butt tonight.  

Made some finishing sauce and i'm all ready to smoke tomorrow!

There should be a disclaimer on the front page of this site: "WARNING: Smoking is addictive and will take up all of your free time. "

Now you did it!...Two Butts...Bigger Butts...then it will be Multiple Packer Briskets...a Lang 60 Deluxe for your Birthday...IT WILL NEVER END!!!
102.gif

Ain't it GREAT!...JJ

Last edited:
That is the trick...have to hang in there to the finish and don`t panic at all...You did good...Now do it again and again and again...yep your hooked...
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky