First smoke cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

amlong88

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Boise, ID
Did my first cheese today. Sharp cheddar and pepper jack. It was a small batch. Smoked for 3 hours with cherry pellets. First time using the amnst and completely love it. Still have yet to use the amnps I got for Christmas as well. Will post more pictures next time was to excited today to think of taking pictures haha. Now to let it rest 3 weeks and give it a taste.

Reactions: redheelerdog
Oh, the loooong dreaded wait. Especially the first batch. My first batch I stuck it in the bottom drawer of the fridge, and put a towel over it.

Now I've got a project fridge. Outta sight outta mind.

I've been thinking about getting a mini fridge. Especially since there will be more projects with cold smoking going on.

Good lookin cheese! Definitely a full size fridge, you'd be surprised how much room a few blocks of cheese take up.

Ha!... Better get a full size!

Nice cheese.
Thank you redheelerdog I'll have to get another full size as soon as I can get some stuff out of the garage haha.
Good lookin cheese! Definitely a full size fridge, you'd be surprised how much room a few blocks of cheese take up.
Thank you Xray. I'm hoping that for a while a mini will work for me. So excited to have more projects

The more fridges you have the more you need. I have 3 fridges & 1 freezer. I also have a generator in case the power goes out in a hurricane. Don't want to loose all that meat & cheese.

Al

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky