First sausage on the SnP, how long ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coroner

Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Hi all,

I just put some pork and beef ribs on my new SnP. First food ever to hit the grates. I also have some bratwurst and some hot italian sausage (just store bought). They are both about 1 or so inches in diameter. How long (ballpark) should these go on the SnP assumming a temp of arout 220-230F.

Thanks all,

coroner

Precooked (Healthy Choice, etc) probably around 2 hours
Uncooked is more like 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Once skin is wrinkled, it seems to be done.
Internal temp of 165º

Smoke the sausage until they are cooked which will be 160-165 internal temp. If you don't have a probe to put in them I always just go by looks and you can even poke one and as long as the juices are clear and not pink they are done.

Thanks guys. I'll get them on in about an hour then. :)

coroner

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky