First run at fried green beans.....W/View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tybo6

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Newalla,Oklahoma
Bo and I tried our hand at a garden this year and have had moderate sucess......This mornin I pulled these beans and have thought all day what to do with em....Well here it is.
I started by choppin up some thick cut hickory smoked bacon and brownin it up in a pan.Savin the grease in the pan of course.While I was doin that,I cut the ends off the beans and dropped in some boilin water to blanch for bout 2 mins.Pulled em out and cooled off w/cold water.
I then chopped up some fresh red onion and added it to bacon and grease.Let the onion go till it just started to lighten in color.After that I added bout 4 cloves fresh crushed garlic,some white button shrooms.The shrooms sucked up the remaining bacon grease.I then added bout half cup white wine and turned the fire up to hi and covered.Only covered long enough for wine to reduce and every thing to incorporate.
All I can say is momma luvs em....All I care about(They r really good,...Kinda proud of myself)......Just a note....I like my beans a lil crispy when ya bite em.....In case any one may try this idea and likes their beans a lil softer just add a lil butter after the wine reduces and cover on a low heat and steam a lil longer
5e9f4ba8_vbattach19476.jpg

Those things look great!! Unfortunately my husband and kids would take one look at it and ask for a pb&j!!!! That might be a good side item for a future family outing. My brothers and sisters will try anything!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky