• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

first ribs

tommy c

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 23, 2006
Here's a pic of my ribs :D I want to thank everyone for the great tips! I love this place

These just were soooooooooo tender :D
2f7cadcd_vbattach10818.jpg

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
That's some good lookin ribs Tommy. 8)

Tell me about that sauce?

icemn62

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 20, 2006
Tommy I don't see any cold ones on the counter.

You mentioned that ribs were tender, I assume they were tasty as well. Any chance of a pic of the ribs after the cut? Love the look of the smoke ring...

Did you 3-2-1?

joed617

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 13, 2006
Raising a rib bone <and a brew> in Tommy's honor. Nice JOB.. food looks great. Did you get to try the ribs nekkid?

Joe

tommy c

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 23, 2006
Morning guys!
Sorry to say Cajun.....the sauce was nothing special :roll: It was ''Sweet baby Ray's '' bbq sauce. We really like it, but, again nothin' to make a fuss about. I rub them with mustard and cajun seasoning and spayed them with a combo of apple cider and Jim Beam through out the smoke.
Joe, although I didn't prepare any of the ribs naked, I was pickin' the bark during the smoke and I believe they would have been just as good with just the rub alone. Also, sorry Iceman I have no pics after cutting because I was so busy eatin', that If I picked up the camera one more time.....I would have ingested it :shock: :lol: The 3-2-1 method worked excellent. And again I want to thank all of you on this forum, for if not for all of your help, this fine meal would not have been a great success!
And finally.....I'd like to raise a CLEAN bone and an ICEY beer mug to Tulsa Jeff for making this the BEST darn forum on the web!!!!!!! :D

bob-bqn

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 5, 2005
Excellent job Tommy! 8) Thanks for the follow up. Those ribs look fantastic. :D

icemn62

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 20, 2006
These were really your 1st ribs? Great job out the gates. Your BBQ Kung Fu is impressing me. Go grab another belt,

tommy c

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 23, 2006
Aw thanks :oops: Between this site and my Klose smoker, I'm gettin' addicted! And this is the best support group I could have!!!!!!!!! :lol:

smokemack

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 21, 2006
The ribs look great! And are the lemon and lime peices in the pic a tell tale sign that, perhaps, some Gin and Juice was goin' down :oops: ..? Nice Q my brother!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.