first ribs and roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokernewbee

Original poster
May 26, 2008
Well I am finaly going to use my snp as it was designed to be used. I have a half rack of pork ribs and 2 pork roasts. I got Jeffs rub and sauce made up. I decided to try the rub on the ribs and one roast and am letting the other roast marinade in the sauce. I will take some pics tommorow when i get things going and of the final product. thanks for all the help i have found on this site.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

i just realized that when i did the rud i forgot the musturd. will this affect anything?

No it will be fine most of us just use the mustard to help the rub stick there is no taste from it in the final product

do you have any olive oil?? I use that all the time and have good results.
Rub ribs good with OO and then toss on Lots of Rub...
I never used Mustard on my ribs, like PW says no mustard taste when its cooked so I figure why use it..

Good luck smoker. We'll be waitin for the Q-View. Olive oil. Hmmm, think I'll give that a try this weekend.

Well i have been at it for about an hour now. I bought a new wireless thermomitorand the stupid thing wont work. I have tried diferent batteries and everything and it wont register the actual temp
icon_evil.gif
. its rather frustrating.I do have a meat thermometor that i am going to use instead but i was looking forward to using the new one. oh well such is life.

as far as the smoking is going i am mattaining a temp of around 240 spikes once in a while and have tbs. cant wait to try this and see how it turns out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky