• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

first rib smoke

fuzzynavel

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 26, 2006
my first post yay!

smoked ribs for the first time a couple weekends ago, rubbed with hogs breath, they were very good. tossed in a beercan chicken while i was at it. going to try doing brisket, ribs and half chickens for the big 4th get together. also the pics of the ABT's have made me decide to try those aswell!
249c284a_vbattach10722.jpg

icemn62

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 20, 2006
Looks like you had a good meal there fuzzy. How was the tast, and did you have any sides with that meal? Nothing wrong with what ya got there, but at least a french fry to help all that meat down would be nice. :P

Pullin your chain, it does look good.

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Somebody has to ask. What is Hog's Breath rub?

Meat looks killer :D

joed617

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 13, 2006
It may be a rub they use at Hog's Breath Saloon in the Ket West. This is a wild guess though..

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
I thought it was something like that. Clint Eastwood, Hog's Breath Saloon etc. Just never heard of the rub around here.

fuzzynavel

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 26, 2006
besides the grilled garlic bread, we had baked beans, macaroni salad, potato salad, water melon.. i wasnt very impressed with the chicken altho everyone else enjoyed it. and yes the hogs breath rub is from hogs breath saloon in key west, you can order it online at http://www.hogsbreath.com/

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Fuzzy, Welcome to SMF. Glad that you found our corner of the 'net. What are the ingredients in that Hog's Breath Rub? Plenty of folks here that are experienced in Rub concocting-We might be able to come up with a SMF version. :D
Great pix of your efforts there, too!

When you have a chance, drop in at Roll Call and tells us bit about yourself.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.