First REALLY good pork Butt with Qveiw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

culpepersmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2010
Split between Michigan and Texas
First I really want to thank everyone here for their help and well wishes. I started off with a little Meathead rub and injected it with apple juice and garlic. Thanks again for letting me know I didn't mess up by injecting the night before. I got the butt into the smoker around 5:00 AM. Instead of mopping I decided to spray it with apple juice and more garlic every hour or so. It cooked a little faster then I figured but around 2:00 PM It was ready to be wrapped in towels and put into the cooler. The good news - finishing early gave me time to make a few ABT's . We had a great meal and finished in time for a little football.
icon_smile.gif

Here we go with a few QView's.
Rubbed and Ready:

Smoker closed up and now I wait and enjoy some coffee.

Ready for another spray:

Time to wrap it up in foil - bark is looking good:

Finished, pulled and ready:

Add a few ABT's and I was a happy camper
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky