First real try at smoked chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
@Disco Man I've been addicting to smoked BBQ for the last month. For the last three weekends I've been trying my hands at smoking something. I feel like I ready to go up against Myron Mixon and Tuffy lol!!!

Is that how you smoke meat with a regular BBQ unit?

Coals pushed over to one side of the grill and chicken on the opposite side (not above the coals)? That's sort of like baking the chicken, right? Indirect heat? (Please forgive my newb questions.)

My first smoke were chicken breasts wrapped in bacon.  They were so good, my kids made sandwiches out of the leftovers the next day. Going to do them again this week.  Easy, fast and good.  That and a cold beer and I was all set.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky