First q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jro6868

Original poster
May 24, 2008
Southwest Michigan
Okay, my first attempt at a q-view. I have some leg quarters (my own rub), a bacon cheeseburger fattie (stuff with bacon, provolone, some co-jack, and sauteed vidalia onions), and some ABTs (just cream cheese, and wrapped in bacon, sprinkled with some brown sugar. Got a Sam Adams in hand, some tunes going, and the TBS (no pic of that). If this works, I will be back with more pics as I progress.
b18184a8_vbattach18945.jpg

5dfe6248_vbattach18944.jpg

ae722a64_vbattach18942.jpg

b2d0efd5_vbattach18943.jpg

Lookin good! Have ya considered the photobucket method for qview? not a major pain in the...... back, but much more convenient to not have to open thumbs.

Lots of good eats right there looking forward to more Qview

Thanks for the photobucket suggestions. I just prepped my pics to post this time, but will use photobucket in the future. Here are some pics of the final products. The fattie was awesome, and the ABTs were as well. Chicken was okay, but since the fattie and ABTs were ready earlier, and we snacked, none of us were that hungry when the chicken was done. Also threw in a couple of pieces of pig candy (only had 5 strips of bacon left, so it was just enough for a taste).

Thanks for all of the info that I gathered here. Never heard of a fattie until about 2 months ago, now it is on the menu at least once a week. ABTs are the bomb, and I was quite successful on my first couple of pulled pork smokes. Since I cook a lot anyway, this is just another reason for my family to urge me to open a restaurant.

I not only have some more to learn about prepping the food and smoking it, but sharing pics as well. Off to photobucket I go.........
6b0127be_vbattach18951.jpg

c86ad2c6_vbattach18950.jpg

76aad198_vbattach18949.jpg

c504ec0f_vbattach18948.jpg

2874ec06_vbattach18947.jpg

Nice Q-view! That fatty is purtier than a Christmas ham! (Hmmm... hamloaf fatty spiked with cloves? A couple of rings of pineapple?)

Good to see the kids enjoying the Q! All three of mine like the fatties, but I can only get two to try anything else. Still workin' on the third (we went to a q-joint over vacation, and all he wanted was boxed mac-n-cheese from the kids menu--the paternity test is pending
confused.gif
).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky