First Post...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jasandalb

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
Greetings Everyone
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Name is Joe....fitting smileys. I am a vet of the US Army and have been a grilling afficionado for years but never venture into the smoking world.

I will be posting soon about my first experience and will hopefully be posting positive news as well as asking for help.

As far as what I have: A Brinkman charcoal smoker

AND....as and added bonus!!! I am going to be building a terra cotta smoker for s**ts and giggles to see how it works.

I have my first big task up this weekend......... 30lbs of brisket for a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. I have always been a crock pot BBQ guy but now stepping up to the big leagues.

Welcome to the forum looks like you'll be busy this weekend lots of great info to be found around here good luck

Thanks!!! cant wait to do it and getting primed...OHHH and I think I am going to go out and get the Brinkman vert smoker...found it at Home Depot for $70

Welcome aboard Joe! Anything you need to know just ask. The folks here are full of great information. Good luck on your smoke
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Welcome to the smf Joe. Lots of nice folks on here to help with any questions you might have. Good luck with your Brisket for the fund raiser. Great Cause.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Happy Smokin

Steve

Welcome to the SMF!!! Like others said... if ya have or get questions.... just ask!! Lots of folks here that look forward to helpin out!! The response is usually very quick too....

I live in florida now but am from cincinnati
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

glad to see i've got some friends in big ten nation!!!

PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Welcome Joe! I'm about a about a month away from starting my RETIREMENT leave from the army, then I'll join the old vet ranks myself. Good luck on your first smoke, nothin like starting out BIG!!! Where you at in FL?

Seboke....I'm in st. pete
I see your in riverview...not too far...

early congrats on the retriment!
HOOAH!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome to the forum. Hope the fund raiser goes great for you. And don't forget the q-view of your smokes.
Andy.

Welcome to the smf.................Lots of great info and people here and we are always glad to help out where we can, so don't worry about asking a dumb question..... The only dumb question is the one not asked.............

Thanks much! I'm sure I'll be posting some questions soon.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky