First pork shoulder on my UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunkle

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 31, 2014
Connecticut
Trying to smoke a pork shoulder today for the first time on my UDS. So far had pretty good outcome with ribs and bacon wrapped meatloaf. I have 2 5# shoulders on it now and a rack of ribs I had in the freezer to go on in a few hours. Iv'e been doing the ribs with the 2-2-1 method. Here's a pic of the meat after 12 hours in the fridge with the rub on it.

It should be good. Keep the pics coming. Remember it is done when it is done.

popcorn.gif

Happy smoken.

David

Was very good. Next time I'm gonna try a finishing sauce. But it was nice and moist.

That looks like it turned out great. There are two popular finishing sauces that can be found in the search bar. I enjoy them both. One is more complex than the other(chef jimmy j's) Most of the time I go with the straight up basic one (soflaquers)

That looks like it turned out great. There are two popular finishing sauces that can be found in the search bar. I enjoy them both. One is more complex than the other(chef jimmy j's) Most of the time I go with the straight up basic one (soflaquers)

Thanks for the tips. They are in my "to try" notes.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky