first pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phinfan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 17, 2007
Ogden, Utah
I am going to do my first pork loin today. I've tried about every thing else, but before I wing it I thought I would ask for suggestions.

thanks

the pork loin is just about the easiest thing to smoke. you trim the fat pad off of it, sprinkle it with spices and throw it on the smoker. once he internal temperature gets north of 140, pull it. its done. i have smoked 6lb chunks in as little as 2:30

it is always a crowd pleaser. serve it with mahogany sauce. (search for the recipe) and enjoy the compliments.

Pork Loin is very lean. So, like chicken, you want to cook it at a bit of a higher temperature. I go around 300. I cook to internal temp of 155.

Stuffing them seems to allow them to cook more even, which is the hardest part to cooking a loin. Slightly related, I cut the ends off of each side to make the entire piece of meat the same basic size.

If health isn't an issue, wrapping with bacon makes it easier to hit an internal temp without over cooking the outside.

Use the same rub as you would ribs or shoulder.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky