First Pork Butt huge success

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fla-gypsy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
North Florida
Sorry, no Q view with this one. we were camped at Hanna Park in Jax, put the Butt on at 7:30 am, had people stopping by for occasional peak and comments on how good it smelled. I was eating Pork sandwiches at 1:30 pm and had a couple more today. I swear this stuff gets better after sitting a couple of days. When I opened that ziplock bag it was like being there all over again. This forum is the bomb, I am turning out real Q and making a name for myself with my camping buddies. Thanks for all who make this happen. Next attempt is either ribs or chicken.

Glad it went well. You are right about it tasting better over time. Somehow the flavors penetrates deeper into the meat and balance out.

Good work, and glad to hear SMF helped. Since your camping buddies canot give you points for the good chow, I will! POINTS!

On edit: oops I'll have to wait. Seems I been a bit free an' esay with points this New year, according to the software..LOL!

Congrats on a successful smoke. I also agree that smoked food it just as good or better after sitting for a few days. Can't beat smoked food.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky