First Pork Butt huge success

Discussion in 'Pork' started by fla-gypsy, Jan 2, 2008.

1. fla-gypsy

fla-gypsy Smoke Blower

Sorry, no Q view with this one. we were camped at Hanna Park in Jax, put the Butt on at 7:30 am, had people stopping by for occasional peak and comments on how good it smelled. I was eating Pork sandwiches at 1:30 pm and had a couple more today. I swear this stuff gets better after sitting a couple of days. When I opened that ziplock bag it was like being there all over again. This forum is the bomb, I am turning out real Q and making a name for myself with my camping buddies. Thanks for all who make this happen. Next attempt is either ribs or chicken.

2. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Glad it went well. You are right about it tasting better over time. Somehow the flavors penetrates deeper into the meat and balance out.

3. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Good work, and glad to hear SMF helped. Since your camping buddies canot give you points for the good chow, I will! POINTS!

On edit: oops I'll have to wait. Seems I been a bit free an' esay with points this New year, according to the software..LOL!

4. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Congrats on a successful smoke. I also agree that smoked food it just as good or better after sitting for a few days. Can't beat smoked food.