First pellet smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fullborebbq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
Buffalo,NY
I am building my first pellet smoker and am at a point where I need to decide where the stack will be located on the unit. I will post some pictures soon but here is the basics.

The unit is 3'wide 3' deep and 4' tall. The doors are full width and take up the middle 2' of the front area. Construction is 1"x1" 16G tubing. Interior is 16G hot rolled steel the outside is 26G stainless steel.

Oh and the walls are filled with 1" Mineral wool insulation.

I will be using the 18" deep DIY unit from smokedaddyinc.com

I will eventually be putting in a 4 tray rotisserie with the bottom tray hanging about the middle of the unit. Until then I plan on using a single shelf at approx the same height.

I have planned on using a 4" down too 3" reducer through the wall and 3" stack. Not sure of how to throttle the stack yet.

Any observations would be well appreciated.

MP

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky