First official smoke!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oxlion

Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
First thanks to all here for the wonderful information!  Now on to yesterdays first smoke.  The menu consisted of two, 2lbs pork loins.  One with rub and one with mahagony sauce.  Mac and cheese along with Dutch's 'mild' Wicked beans.  Then we topped it off with strawberries and whipped cream.  My equipment was an el cheapo Char-Broil that I added a Wok to, to hold the coals, and also sealed it with Green Egg felt tape. My smoke was apple and temp was 225ish.  Cooked low and slow  for around two hours.  Everyone loved it even my picky son who normally will not eat anything but chicken.  Thanks again and looking forward to my next smoke

Nicely done. The plate looks great...JJ

Looks great OXLion...nice job!  
icon14.gif

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky