First naked fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Decided to attempt a naked fatty...the wife made me do it. I'm glad I did because I think it came out great. Will definitely be doing this again... I started out with some 2lbs or so of 80/20 ground beef. It was quite an adventure getting it rolled out. Evenly at least. Lol. But I got it handled. For the internals, I put some fresh diced jalapeños, onions, and mushrooms, with some Colby jack and pepper jack cheese.
ve4etu2e.jpg

savaba4a.jpg

Would've had more pics but I forgot to back up my phone,dohh!! And these are the only two survivors that I found on my cloud. I guess some view is better than no view right!??! Lol. Hope y'all enjoy. I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't really cook by time. I took this one to 165 IT if I remember correctly. I ran my smoker at 250*. As with most of my beef always cherry wood with a bit o mesquite. Cherry wood on beef is always my go to. Gives a nice color. And a great taste. Backed with mesquite is just awesome to me personally.

Decided to attempt a naked fatty...the wife made me do it. I'm glad I did because I think it came out great. Will definitely be doing this again... I started out with some 2lbs or so of 80/20 ground beef. It was quite an adventure getting it rolled out. Evenly at least. Lol. But I got it handled. For the internals, I put some fresh diced jalapeños, onions, and mushrooms, with some Colby jack and pepper jack cheese.
ve4etu2e.jpg
savaba4a.jpg
Would've had more pics but I forgot to back up my phone,dohh!! And these are the only two survivors that I found on my cloud. I guess some view is better than no view right!??! Lol. Hope y'all enjoy. I did. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y5a7y2ad.jpg

You can see where I had a couple tiny cheesy blowouts but pretty good for a first try I must say.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky