First Mozz 30 min and doneW/PICs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okie joe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 6, 2008
NE OK
First batch of Mozzarella...
I may never buy Mozz....again LOL
The book Home Cheese Makeing by Ricki Carroll.
1 gal whole milk...Citric acid from home brew shop as well as the 1/4 tab rennet.....follow the directions.....
thanks for the support Got 14U....here are the pics.
Heating Milk...

Add citric acid

Add rennet 1/4 tab mix with 1/4 cup unchorinated water...

pulls away and scoop up curd with slotted ladle
or scoop with drain holes

microwave in bowl 1 min remove...press out whey

put on food grade glove and knead hot cheese...

knead cheese (work the whey out ) form ball

Finnished ball of great tasting freshst Mozz i have ever had....

money shot?

Thanks for watching...

Holy Renet Batman, thats some great looking cheese! :)
points.gif

That is incredible - I can't wait to try this when I retire next month
One of my favorite things in the whole world is smoked moz and this is going to be one I will try very soon
Thanks for the great post

That is impressive! Makes me want to give it a shot. I bet it would be excellent smoked as well.

Great job -- thanks for sharing!!

points.gif

The citric acid was $1.25 for 4 oz..and the rennet ( I got the tablets 10) for about $4.00 but you only use 1/4 tablet for a batch so that is for about 40 batches.....Got mine at a Home Brewshop....but you can get supplies at Cheese making supply store....it is easy. good way to start is with Mozz .

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Now that is too cool. It looks easy too. Now I have to try that one day after I try the 14 other things I say I have to try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky