1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First meatloaf...

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by richinct, Aug 16, 2010.

1. richinct

richinct Fire Starter

...in the smoker that is,  I have been making meatloaf for years. I put this in fatties cause it is made with both beef and pork so i figured this was the most appropriate category. I got a little carried away, I had 2 lbs of ground beef and 1 pound of pork, I was going to make 1/2 the beef into patties for the freezer but decided to use all of it in the meatloaf, with the pound of bacon and 8oz of cheese it was over 4 lbs. It will get eaten though, my wife loves my meatloaf but, SHE PUTS KETCHUP ON IT!!!!!!! I tried forbidding her to do it but you married guys know how that goes, didn't work out well. LOL

[​IMG]

I did the bacon weave after learning about it on here, not as pretty as some of you more experienced guys but it worked

[​IMG]

The finished product, took over 4 hours at 225-240 deg. I took it out at 170 internal temp,

[​IMG]

Sliced after resting for about 1/2 hour. I probably could have added some more cheese.

It came out good but I am not sure it was that much better than it usually comes out in the oven. I might do it again but only if I am smoking something else and want to fill the smoker.

I am doing some striped bass today, I will post the results...stay tuned...

2. lucky13

lucky13 Smoke Blower

Looks great!

3. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

That's a great looking monster meat loaf!  On my short list of things to try! [​IMG]

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Hey it looks fabulous to me and I bet it will taste better then it looks too.[​IMG]

5. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I love smoked meatloaf and yours looks good

6. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

That is a great looking meatloaf. Congrats on the smoke and the ingenuity.

As for the ketsup issue,  that is easily resolved. I don't have ANY ketsup in the house and my daughter who loves the crap on her eggs has learned to use salsa instead [​IMG]

7. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

8. richinct

richinct Fire Starter

That sounds like a good recipe, similar to mine, I will have to try adding some parm cheese and brown sugar. I use salsa in mine.