first long smoke a success!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimmyz

Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
smoked my butt today, it turned out wonderful! used a peach rub and decided to skip the injectable marinade, let it set overnight and put it on about 8:30 this morning. used a mix of sugar maple and hickory wood 3:1. smoked it for 10 hours and yummy. the outside was a beautiful red color and just the right amount of crispness, had about a quarter inch smoke ring and was so juicy. also did a 3 pound beef bottom roast ( let my girlfriend create that one) she used a rub she made with pepper, corriander, mint, fennel, smoked paprika, cinnamon and black sea salt. smoked that one on the same wood but for less time about 6 and a half hours and that was was great too, but not as wonderful as the butt. also tried smoking our corn on the cob, and that was excellent, my girlfriend said thats the only way she wants to eat corn on the cob from now on! sorry no pics sister borrowed my camera! cant wait for next weekend!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Congrats jimmyz! Don't ya' love it when everything turns out good?!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

How did you smoke the corn?? Wife wants to try it, Looked up on the forums for "how to's" but would like to ask you for your "secret"??

Thanks
Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky