First Injector Experience

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pokey

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Monroe Twp, NJ
So, I decided to do a beef rump roast, following the process folks have described here for chuckies and figured I'd try the new injector. I mixed up some spices - garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and ginger into some red wine and poured it into the injector:

c168ae97_injector.jpg

Note the rows of holes thru which the fluid is to flow. Well, I measured the length of the needle against the length of the roast, so I'd know how far in to stick it without it coming thru the other side and stuck it in. Pressing the plunger, I slowly withdrew the needle until

holy mother of WTF!!!

spicey liquid all over the place, my eyes, the ceiling, the walls, the floor, countertop, the center island, my camera, my hair, of course my clothes. Nothing was missed. After I got my eyes cleared and stopped laughing at my stupidity, I figured I get to share with SMF. I'm going to let it sit overnight and then smoke low and slow tomorrow. Hopefully the result will compensate for the experience.

Sounds like the experience I had dumping my brine bucket off the deck. I accidentally let go of the bottom too soon, and the bottom of the bucket fell and hit the railing. I got a brine shower, right in the eyes, all in my hair, all over my clothes etc. One of these days I will tell you the story about when I slipped on the ice on my deck dumping out some flour in my drawers on Christmas day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky