First Injection trial on a smoked beer butt Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

polishmeat

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 30, 2009
Chicago
Hey Guys,

Went to the local Bass Pro Shop today and picked up some goodies, including Cherry and Apple wood chips, and some Cajun Butter injection marinade. Never injected anything yet, so we'll see what happens. Seasoned the outside with Famous Daves Rost Chicken seasoning and some cajun stuff. Smoking at 225 using Apple and Hickory.

Camera is not being recognized by my system, but I will try to post pics when I figure this out.

You should really like that cajun butter injection..It's one of my favorites..Good luck with the camera.Happy smokes
biggrin.gif

Good luck with your smokes. I have some beer can chicks to do soon, found em on sale at $0.59 lb.

I used to brine all the time but recently I have been injecting all my birds and love it.
Good luck, hope the camera starts to cooperate.

I have used that cajun butter many times on turkeys that I fry but never on one that I'm smoking. Maybe I'll try injecting my next one this coming holiday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky