First go at some bacon with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sitkasmoker

Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
Sitka Alaska
Well I got the Amaze-N-Smoker in and decided I wanted to make my first bacon.  Got the belly at the local supermarket.  Paying Alaska pricing for it of course:)
d5ad3f7d_IMG_0556.jpg

Added the cure and pepper because I love CBP on anything and everything. Left for 10 days to cure.

43bd5049_IMG_0557.jpg

Into the smoker we go with the AMS with maple dust.  Outdoors temp was around 23 degrees so it was a true cold smoke.  Was afraid it was too cold but decided to roll with it and see what happens.

711037df_IMG_0558.jpg

After resting for a day, sliced thick because that is how I like it for sandwiches.

14abf637_IMG_0560.jpg

Probably not anywhere close to being my last bacon, it came out great!

Reactions: meateater
That is great looking bacon. Just out of curiosity what does store bought bacon cost per pound

Once you smoke your own it is hard to eat storebought if you have the option.

How much is porkbutt in your area - You can do the Buckboard too so dont forget that option

Congrats it looks awesome
beercheer.gif

$5/lb....
icon_eek.gif
.............but i agree with what everyone else said and like gary said, butts for buckboard make great bacon!  btw - yours looks nice too!

icon_cool.gif

Yes your bacon looks fabulous and I know it won't be the last that you make. I made some about  2 years ago and we haven't bought any bacon since. Well except thin bacon for fatties and stuff like that. Now it's some of the best BLT's that we have ever had too.

Stop now. Save yourself.

After making bacon 3 times we are hopelessly addicted.

My freezer has 15 pounds of frozen bacon,10 pounds of sausage, and we are already planning the next buy.

Oh yeah..going to make tasso next.

Isn't there a 12 step goup for this?

" Hi my name is Craig and I smoke meat"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky