first for me on smf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big game cook

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
ILLINOIS
ok this is my first thread here on smoking a bird. tonight i smoked a whole yardbird. first i dry rubbed it with a texas seasoning i get from the blender. hes a friend.

one is a salt free blackened seasoning. and a jalapeno dusted seasoning. rubbed it down with those and some minced garlic.

i let it set for 20 min and put on the smoker. smoked on my brinkman smoke n grill with wet apple wood chunks for smoke over charcoal. i burn wood and have cut a few apple trees for folks. those are split into small chunks for smoking only.

after about three hrs i made a brush on mop. 1/3 cup maple syrup. 1/3 cup apple juice. 2 tsp soy sauce. dash of itialian seasoning. and 1/2 tsp of minced garlic and a few drops of garlic juice.

about an hr before it was done and mopping every 30-40 min for 2 hrs i topped it with some sliced manderian oranges for a sweet skin. i love how pinapples and oranges kiwi and mangos ect.. almost camelize to the skin of pork and chicken. i use em alot.

no fancy sides. corn and buttered asparagus and baked potato.

feel free to shoot me a p/m on how to get these huge qview pics on here. still lost,lol.

Looks good. I bet it taste wonderful
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Looks great!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

You got the pics perfect also.

ok test for qview . sweet. thanks smokin 365 and ronp100343 for the pic help. i got it down now. weeeeeeeee hoooooooooo!

smokin 365. i live around clinton il. i work construction in champaign alot. small world. hugh.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Sure is. Just outta curiosity, i see that you are close to atlanta illinois, you wouldnt happen to know David Gaither would u?

Looks phenomal, Great job.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

lol. not real well but i know who he is. my grandma grew up in atlanta. i live 5 liles from there and was there tonight to get charcoal at caseys for this post lmao. wow. on here a week and already finding folks close to home.
cool.gif

i do know lots of folks from atlanta.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

thanks guys.

Thats kinda crazy aint it. If you ever talk to him, tell him Brian Johnson from the truck wash said hi. if he doesnt recognise the name, just tell him "Beef" he'll know then. thanks. if you r down in this neck of the woods let me know

ya i do exterior stucco work and there is a fella from monticello that owns a co called B.P.I. inc. burgener plastering co. and they have done work around paris and i think one of his guys lives there if im not mistaken. they work around champaign, monticello savoy charleston area alot. hes slow now so im not working for him.

ya if i run into him ill tell him. im in atlanta about 5-6 times a week gassing up and thats where i bank. my town doesnt have any thing but a legion post to have a cold one a lib and a p.o. lol.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky