First Fatty W/Q-Views

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

niniron

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
This was my first attempt at a fatty. I kept it very simple wraped in bacon and chesse in the middle. It turned out great- The kids loved it. Also tried smoking some burgers but I didn't care to much for them. I don't know if I didn't cook them right or what.

The Temp was about 31 and is was snowing which made it hard to keep at steady temp on the ECB

For some reason they sort of tasted like a grilled hotdog- which isn't a bad thing but it wasn't what i was looking for

fatty looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
and i have failed at the burger too.....but re-gained
with the bacon cheese burgers , bacon and burger smoked at same time but not together till last 1/2 hour then set the cheese of choice on and yum delish....

Yep, the fatty looks good. I did my first one about a month ago and now I smoke at least one every time I fire up the smoker, and I keep sausage in the freezer, ready to prep. Those things are great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky