First Fatty and a Smoked a Brisket Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ogre 1865

Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Bakersfield, CA
Sorry about the photos. I tried to use my Google web album and it did not work for whatever reason.

Hope you enjoy the Q-View

Smoked a 12lb Brisket and my first fattys this weekend.

Stuffed with 30 Garlic Cloves

18 hours later...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Came out tender moist and everyone was fishing around in their plate for the little nuggets of sweet garlic gold.

FATTYS
This was my first attempt at a fatty so I made two different.

My Ingredients

First one stuffed with sharp cheddar, green onions, & jalapenos.

Wrapped with bacon in a criss cross pattern to get more of that awesome bacon flavor.

Fatty number 2
Stuffed with sauteed celery and onions, pork Stove Top stuffing, & pepper jack.

Finished Products

Sliced Up #1

This one cam out really good. Flavor was awesome.

Sliced Up #2
Flavor on the second was good but it was a little dry. The stuffing dried up a little. Next time I need to make the stuffing with a little more water and maybe some pats of butter. The pepper jack was ok but I think I would leave it out next time in place of butter..

Pics are just the red Xs for me.........
icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks great!!!
I haven't tried a fatty yet. Told my wife about them; said she could hear my arteries clog just from talking about it.
icon_biggrin.gif

No red Xes on my screen, for a first attempt you got it right! I hadn't thought of turkey / chicken type stuffing in a fatty! Great idea and I'm giving you a point for that one! I'll try it next time I do one er make that six, I take it you think a bit more liquid in the stuffing would be a good idea though? An extra stick of butter never hurt anything... The braided bacon looks much better than a straight roll too.
Jimbo

I just noticed in your photo that your using Tillamook cheddar cheese! I'm from Oregon and always will be. Most of the Cheese heads on here think they have the claim to fame, but there aint nothin out of Wisconsin that can even compare!

Orge wonderful job, loks great and made me hungry. I'd give ya some points but I already used em up for today. Sorry maybe I can get ya tommorow if I can remember!!!!!!!!!! Again good job!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks everyone I'm glad you enjoyed the Q-view. I loved making the Fatty's and can't wait until I have another opportunity to make some more. I just need to make sure I invite more people over when I smoke so I don't have any leftovers. My Dr. is going to hit the roof if he check my cholesterol after two days of eating fattys.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky