First fatties!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kaiser

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
Austin, TX
My first fatties are on the GOSM and cooking nicely! I decided to go with American cheese and tots

Here are the prep pics:
DSC_7801.jpg

DSC_7804.jpg

DSC_7807.jpg

DSC_7808.jpg

DSC_7811.jpg

DSC_7814.jpg

DSC_7815.jpg

I couldn't figure out what to do about the ends of the bacon so I just toothpicked 'em in.

I also was having so much fun building them that I forgot to season them at all - but then again they probably don't really need any

Done! They turned out well - though not as magical as the brisket I made last weekend.

DSC_7816.jpg

DSC_7821.jpg

DSC_7823.jpg

DSC_7824.jpg

DSC_7825.jpg

Great pics, looks like a professional photographer took them. Fatties look good maybe try them with thin sliced bacon or none next time and see if they don't taste better? Or fresh ingredients in it like onions will add alot

Thanks! I'm no pro but I've got a good camera and I really try.
Here's one I took out in the desert near Phoenix a few weeks ago on vacation
DSC_7149.jpg

Mmmm... wow; that cheese melting out the end just sends it over the top! that tator tot and cheese combo will be my next one!
great job!
Excellent weave
points.gif

Thats a great pic!! i think you should take more pics like that for computer backgrounds, thats cool right there with the cactus and everything nice!! i would put them on my pc. make the resolution fill the screen.

I did my first fattie a couple weeks or so ago too, and it is really fun to make. I have to make more next time because they just didn't last long.

btw, hope you don't mind, I just set that starry pic to my PC's background. Beautiful picture.

Sorry to bump up my old thread here - but I have a question:

My bacon didn't get as done as it should have.

I had these in the smoker for about 3 hours and 45 minutes at 225 and then I turned the heat all the way up (I took the thermometer out to keep it from getting fried but I expect it was at 300 or more) for the last 15 minutes to try to crisp up the bacon.

At the 4 hour mark the internal temp hit 170 and I felt like I had to pull them off the smoker or risk messing up the insides - but the outside still wasn't done enough.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just crank the heat to max earlier next time?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky