First Fattie w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harleyguy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 1, 2009
Shelbyville,TN.
Here is my first attempt at doin a Fattie:
rolled,wrapped,seasoned & ready to smoke

into the smoker she goes

pulled off smoker @175*...maybe too long, lost most of my cheese

guess it's ok for my first one

Thanks for looking, any input would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks guys, not sure about the cheese loss..when I cut it in half to take pics, didn't see any cheese there. It was a very basic fattie for my first try:
scrambled eggs, onion,bell pepper,mushrooms & sharp chedder.

man that looks like you've made hundreds of em! ! ! Very nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

looks very good, sometime the cheese just get sucked into the meat on mine, I learned to use slies rather the shedded on some cheeses. Thats what works for me

There, see, it wasn't that bad was it and you got a real nice one on your first attempt.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Now, you asked for suggestions: Any "secrets ingredients" you want to share? As in, what was the sprinkle rub or spice you used on the outside?

A thought: perhaps you didn't use enough cheese? Once you get a cheese blowout, you'll know when too much was used
icon_mrgreen.gif

The only spice that was used was Tony Chachere's creole seasoning. I wanted to keep my first one simple. As for the cheese disappearing, I think that you may be right, that I didn't use enough. Next time I don't think that I will use shredded cheese either.

Now that is a thing of beauty for sure. Now you will have to keep on trying the cheese part till you get it down. I have never had a problem with cheese ooping out. But you do get some
points.gif
for the first one thou.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky