First day smoking!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatedimpala5929

Original poster
Jun 5, 2016
Went way better than expected.
2rha7op.jpg

2dac2si.jpg

2ngvl2r.jpg

b81c8l.jpg

So, tell us more. What kind of wood did you use etc. Did you have fun?
So relaxing for me. Used half cherry half apple. Smoked the London broil for 6hrs at 225to IT 205 pulled it and put it in a cooler with a towel for an hour. Using this bbq sauce reciped i found on here. Ribs were on for 2.5hr.came out tender as can be

Last edited:
Ribs look great  , how did the London Broil turn out ? Was it moist > That is a tough piece of meat to cook !

Here's the shoulder. Marinated with apple cider vinegar, garlic, paprika, and Chinese five spice overnight. Smoked 12hrs about 4 of that being wrapped. Very moist and tender. Falling off the bone
6p6utj.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsknicks1
Out for a second day doing chicken and ribs. Have ingredients a really hard time maintaining Temp today.

Looks good.  It takes a lot of practice to get used to any specific smoker.  The good news is that it will continue to get better as you perfect your skills.  What kind of smoker are you using?

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Looks good.  It takes a lot of practice to get used to any specific smoker.  The good news is that it will continue to get better as you perfect your skills.  What kind of smoker are you using?

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Dyna-glo vertical off set

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky