First Chucky for me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishawn

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Olympia, WA
First Chucker for me, about 2 pounds..... Heavy Arthur Bryant rub, smoked with Hickory @ 225* Mopped with Homemade ketchup & vinegar based bbq sauce, thinned with beer, worsteshire & jalapeno tabasco. Foiled at about 165* & added the rest of the mop sauce.....Pulled at 205*, rest for an hour, then pulled, redistributing the leftover juice/sauce.

IMO, this rivals brisket, and just might be better!.....It took about 5.5 hours in the MES start to finish....So being able to do a smaller chunk of meat in a shorter amount of time & achieving great results has its advantages. I will be doing another one soon, probably this weekend. Thanks to all who gave me input.
c11be6f7_vbattach20698.jpg

0f9bd5cc_vbattach20695.jpg

e47c9e89_vbattach20696.jpg

686aa96c_vbattach20697.jpg

Looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
and I agree good taste and quicker to do

Looking good! Thanks for the pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky