First catfish few ?s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danreeve

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Hey everyone.

I'm going to try smoking catfish for the first time this weekend. I've got 3 fillets all about the same size.

Do I need to brine? or can I just kick the smoker up around 200, and throw them on until they reach 160ish internal?

I've got a rub I am going to use for flavor also.

thanks for any help.

Dan

Smoked catfish is one of my favorite foods, I don't brine them, just a mild rub, and then I smoke them with just one chunk of mesquite at 225°. It's a Clean tasting Q. It's all good my friend.

Last edited:
I used to work at a machine shop back in Cali years ago and we would smoke bullheads out in the welding shack. We just gutted and beheaded them and smoked away. Started early in the morning and had them for lunch.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky