First build 80 gal rf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mpcrewcab

Original poster
Nov 18, 2013
Hi I've been lurking for a while and yesterday I started my build. 80 gal air tank got real cheap. 2 2x10 1/4 sheets for $50 and the rest I have around. I've got my fb done and ready to cut door in cc tomorrow. Now to see if I can upload pics!

And BTW thanks to Alaska as mine will be very similar to his.

Crew,

Looking good so far, welcome to the forum.  I'm not sure how your tank is built, but mine has a welded seam at the bottom.  I decided to put that weld up top at about 11 o'clock [away from the door opening].  I didn't want to cut through it and it gave me a bit more material up top to (slight overlap) to attach hinges to.  Also my tank is very old and the bottom was pitted / rusted.  

RG

And BTW thanks to Alaska as mine will be very similar to his.
You are more than welcome but I must admit if copyright were an issue I would be in deep DooDoo. I have pestered so many folks on the forum with my questions and to my surprise I still have all of their support still. Mother Nature has thrown me a curve ball amounting to -28 but I'm still slinging sparks.

Post Photos I'm peeping on a daily basis.

I put my weld seam more towards the bottom it worked out good. My door had almost zero spring very happy about that.I got the cc and fb welded,door done now trying to figure out my legs and chimney.

I did a burn out tonight but how long is an adequate time? Hoping to do a test run this weekend.not too bad for a week project!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky