First brisket smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billbo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 19, 2007
Upstate NY
Well, here I go. Done ribs, chicken, turkey, ham, butt & jerky.......never a brisket! I did a lot of reading on here prior to tonight. I hope it turns out good. Here is the rub phase. Will sit overnight and go in about 4am when I get up to go bow hunting.

More to come!

Keep us posted ... ya big tease!
icon_rolleyes.gif

lol! No tylenol on there. Just a little red rub I like to make. Few Genny's in me though!

you are going to put it in when you go hunting? who will watch it while it smokes? i never leave my smoker unattended with food in it. i sometimes get the fire going, then go in the house and get the meat ready to go in the smoker.

Well, there is good & bad news. The good news is my wife was tending while I hunted and the meat is fine
biggrin.gif
The bad news is I went to draw on a nice 6 pointer and for some reason the cams would not roll over. I almost pulled my shoulder out trying to draw
confused.gif

Will have more Q view in a bit

Brisket going into foil. All I could do not to cut off a hunk!

Here is the finished product. I was dissapointed with the smoke ring (lack thereof) but it was sure tasty and moist! Made this for my mother in law's birthday dinner last night and she ate more than me so I guess it was OK!

Kepp tuned for the next smoke.................

Try burning a piece or two of charcoal in there when you are first cooking. That will help give you the smoke ring you are looking for. The smoke ring is caused by a chemical reaction and with an electric smoker (even with chips smoking) the right chemicals and volumes to get that ring you want just aren't always there...........charcoal will give it to you. Just get Kingsford or something, no need to go high dollar.

Man Billbo, you're killing me. We're in the middle of packing and house hunting, so no time for smokin'. I might be able to make something that doesn't take as long, but it won't taste the same. Smoke On Brother!

Thank you for the tip fatback! Rich, you need to move and get smokin again!

Pacman was a good analogy deb!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky