First Brisket Q_View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squid

Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Wallaceburg Ontario Canada
Hi guys,

If you have been keeping track of my other post -- http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=18462 I'm doing my first ever brisket in my new electric smoker. Thanks so much for all the help so far. I thought I'd make a new post just to do the Q-View thing and try to keep my newb questions in the other post.

Here's my hunk of cherry wood ready to be made into wood chips for the smoker. I did this Friday evening.

And here's a bag full of cherry wood chips. I used my brothers jointer to do this, but the chips could have been a bit bigger.

A trip to the grocery store to get the stuff for the rub. I had a few things, but some of it was getting pretty low so I just bought the refill to put into the shakers.

Here's the brisket at 10:00 or so last night all rubbed down and ready to spend the night in the fridge.

And finally for now, the brisket after 3.5 hours in the smoker and an internal temperature of 154.

More Q-View later.

very nice looking brisket....kudos man ...post a fter pics when done...great job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looking good

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Squid; It looks great; now how did it taste? Invite us up for chow sometime? Semper FI from Sedalia, MO.

Looks gorgeous!!! I never realized that Great Value sold spices in bags! Got to check that out next time I'm at Wally World!

QueTeePie
Tracy

Thanks guys.

This is what it looked like after 45 minutes wrapped in a towel. I let it got to 170 then wrapped in foil and put it back in to 196. I was going to go to 200 but I didn't want to wait any longer.
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

And carved up ready to eat/

I'm pretty impressed with the outcome, but will need to perfect this over time. The meat was very juicy, not even a hint of dryness. I used cherry to smoke but next time I will use something a bit stronger. Thanks to all who helped out.

Very nice Smoke, great Qview.. I would give you points if I knew how??
That smoker is Too CLEAN.... Lets get that thing Dirty... :)

Looks great nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Hey seaham, to give points, look in the header bar at the top of each post within a thread. On the left is the time of the post. On the right you'll see three icons. The middle one looks like scales. Click that, a box opens, write something nice, and submit. The points you award to folks is equal to the amount of your rep power. You can only give out so many points in a 24 hour period, and you have to spread points around before giving more to the same person.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky