First Brisket (Attempt to upload photo)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seearekern

Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
North Central Iowa
Hopefully you will be able to see this photo. Only got a chance to take one before they grabbed the brisket to dive in.

Chuck
ec68d689_vbattach18341.jpg

Well, you got it uploaded, looks good. How was it?

Awesome... Juicy and great flavor. Almost 11 pounds (before cooking) gone in 45 minutes. Next time I will either marinate it or use a rub. Didn't have time for this one.

I have one waiting to do. Some people here say searing is the way to go, but it is controversial. I think I will sear mine for kicks. Do a search for it if you want.

I have seared for many years even in the oven, before smoking, and it is always good. I'm not a scientist though.
icon_wink.gif

I just did one Saturday night for lunch Sunday, and didn't sear it, and it was still really juicy. Was really tasty :D. Yours looks good. Good job.

Great looking brisket! I have done a couple, not seared. Love the way yours looks with the dark bark. Think I'll sear next time!

Uh, don't mean to sound dumb, even if I am, but what is with this reporting stuff? First it was "Reported it" and now it's "All KLMN posts reported". Will someone please edumacate this poor Iwegian?

Thanx, looking forward to getting smarter.
Chuck aka seearekern

Thar was spam that was reported.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky