First Brisket ...and some fish w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

badger

Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Ontario, CA
Did a trial run with the new converted fridge>smoker this weekend. My brother and I did a 13.6 lbs brisket and some fish. Brisket could have used some more smoke flavor so I'll add more wood next time but the fish came out perfect (different session). Brisket was in for 20 hours at 225 and the fish was 1.5-2.5 hours depending on size. Also finished off a kegerator I'd been working on for some time...had to try that out too :) I'll try to post pics below.
JB
78f2a88f_vbattach20678.jpg

c20e691f_vbattach20677.jpg

d201b621_vbattach20674.jpg

54e9ac9a_vbattach20675.jpg

9b095f4e_vbattach20676.jpg

Somehow, I don't see my wife letting me have that beer tap - but, I can dream, right?
Good looking meal - nice start for a new toy!

What type of fish? I think, and this is my preference, brisket dose better with hickory or (ugh) mesquite<sp>
By the way everything looks good.

Thanks for the support! The fish is (was) Yellow tail, yellow fin, mahi mahi and a piece of salmon from Sam's. The Yt, Yf and MM were caught by my younger brother. Fish was smoked with hickory. The Brisket I hit with mesquite twice (2 hand full of chips) and once with hickory. Not sure which wood is best for beef brisket...seems like most use mesquite but not sure.
My wife actually bought me the freezer for my birthday so she support my homebrewing habit. I'm a Blessed man! :)
Thanks,
John

That multi keg freezer conversion is one of the coolest things Ive seen in a long time. I'm going to have to give points for being so awesome.

I have never given points before but after seeing that kegerator I had to learn how!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky