First brisket and Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dmack

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Iowa
Well I survived my first brisket. I used hickory chips and maple chunks. Started at 5:45 this morning and pulled it out to rest at 7:00 tonight. I tried to follow Jeff's all-nighter method pretty closely. Good smoky flavor, but I thought it could have been a bit more tender. I had to do a quick search to get some coaching on slicing the brisket. I will attempt to share a few pictures.

Fairly early in the smoke.

Just about ready to pull.

Sliced and ready to eat.

dmack

Not bad there dmack! Briskets can be tricky, wait till your second one! But enjoy the first!!

I think a longer foil would do that with some apple juice ETC.

Not sure how long you foiled though. Usually the braising will do it, but you do need moisture in that stage.

Just MHO.

Good luck on the next one!

Brisket can be tough to do. Looks like that's a pretty good shot on the first one. I'd say you did good!

D it looks good congrats on your first brisket.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I started injecting marinade into my briskets and foiling at 170* and think it really makes a difference in moistness give it a shot on one and see what you think.

Hey gang, I never did foil my brisket as I was following Jeff's procedure. At what point should I have done that?

dmack

According to Dutch's basic brisket smoke foil it at 170*

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky