First Brine-First smoked chicken, OH MY GOSH!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's some beautiful color! I love a brined smoked chicken. I often use a store-bought ritisserie rub when I smoke or grill a beer can chicken.

I use pecan to smoke somewhate interchangeably with hickory. Both are great. I want to try maple next. I was watching bbqu and he did a turkey with a maple brine, smoked with maple wood.

I'm going to have to fire up the smoker in the next week or two!

Thanks Jaynik. It was goooood! I have not tried a beer chick yet. I bought one of those ceramic holders that you set a chick over and you can put beer, wine, juice or whatever in it while you smoke it. One question though, If you brine the bird first, does adding a liquid really help or enhance the flavor? I don't see how it could add but maybe it does. I can see it if you are cooking at a higher temp and didn't brine that it would help keep meat moist and add something. Just curious :?:

Mark,
I can still get a mild taste of beer flavor even if I brine first. That method is primarily designed to keep the bird from drying out, but does add a little flavor too. I say smoke two with either technique and taste them both. See which one you like better. I seem to love them all!
Jay

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky