First beef brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chrisjung2079

Original poster
Jun 15, 2016
Iowa
I picked up a 2lb brisket at target the other day and smoked it today. I wrapped it at 160 then took my youngest to Walmart to grab a few things I missed last shopping trip. I end up home an hour later to find the internal temp of the meat was at 215 and I let it rest an hour wrapped in towels in the oven becUse I've ruined all of our coolers (I never dumped and dried them out lol). I end up slicing it and it was still moist, then I tasted it, it tasted like smoked roast beef is that normal?

Yep. If a Fresh Brisket it tastes like Smoked Roast Beef. Compared to some Beef cuts like Round, I think Brisket has a Beefier flavor. Just curious, is it a Corned Beef Brisket? The meat would be very Pink even when well done and have a slight Hammy flavor...JJ

Last edited:
I think wrapping it may help add to the roast beefiness,as well as the size/time in the smoke.

Thank you for the feedback! I think I'm just going to stick with pork. It's easier and tastier lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky