First BBQ ChiX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slingah

Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
MA
I am very happy with the first smoke session.
I did a 6lb roaster...All American Rub ala Chris Schlesinger, temp was 250 ish most of the time....lump and oak & cherry splits
nice smoke flavor, moist and deelish
I just got a redi-check therm and it was defective...I can see how that is going to help big-time
990482fb_vbattach24401.jpg

f0e4285f_vbattach24402.jpg

Your chicken look good to me and so far all theses other folks too. Now your thermo meterr delemma is a learning experiance so now you know to test them first before you use them. To test them just boil some water and stick in your thermo meterr and don't let it sit on the bottom or the sides just hold it in the boiling water and then it should read about 212° and then you will be good to go. But you have earned some
points.gif
for your first smoke and keep it up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky