• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First attempt at Stuffed Sausage Balls

prebeck32

Joined Aug 25, 2010
Still new to the "art of smoking," but people really seemed to like these bacon wrapped treats! I've added my pictures and instructions on how I cooked them. Enjoy!

I used some breakfast sausage and rolled the logs into little balls. With each ball, I "pitted" each one and place a jalapeno slice inside for some bite! Sorry for the bad picture...

On top of the jalapeno, I put a pepperjack cheese cube in the middle. After that, I simply closed the hole to complete the sausage ball.

Once the sausage ball is complete, individually wrap with bacon.

I smoked these over hickory, which really added a good kick of flavor. Cook at 240-250 degrees for approximately 2 hours.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Congrats on your first Moinks- That is the name for the tasty morsel you created

Welcome to SMF glad to have you with us

smoke_chef

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 22, 2008
Looks good... I like the q-view. I think I will try that exact thing but with ground chicken.

wntrlnd

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 18, 2009
oh man!  those look totally delicious!

i definitely have to make some of those!

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Looks like a great Hors-deurve. So moinks for meatballs and hoinks for hot dogs. All this new terminology I'm learning.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.