first attempt at pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scottddove

Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
georgia
I am going to give it a try this weekend and have a question or 2. I know it will take like 12 or so hours to cook a 7 pound boston butt. If I put a chicken on for the last 4 to 5 hours will this be ok, what I mean is will it affect the taste any. I cooked three chickens last weekend and want to so another one for my company I will be having. What about the pan of water in the bottom of the smoker is this a good idea pro's and con's?? O one last thing I did go all out and buy Jeff's secret rub and sauce recipe's so I will see if it is all I have read it to be. wish me luck Scott.

That plan should cause you no grief ... go for it!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Sounds like a good plan. Just make sure you put the chicken on a lower rack then the pork so you don't have the uncooked chicken dripping on the pork.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky