First ABT's for Christmas with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin-jim

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Portland Oregon
Hi All,

We smoked up a turkey for Christmas. I figured that we should have some ABT's as well.

There was a thread that was asking about making them lighter so I decided that for my first time I would do half with pork bacon and the other half with turkey bacon.

I went with a high quality thick cut pork bacon and a national brand of turkey bacon.

The results of the bacon experiment:
3 out of 4 prefered the pork, but it was all good!

The filling was:
Cream Cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Paprika
Garlic powder

I also used the Little Smokies as an added bonus.

Here are the peppers prepped.

After being stuffed.

After adding the Little Smokies.

After adding the bacon. Pork on the left turkey on the right.

In the smoker with the turkey.

The final product. The family was eating them as soon as I set the camera down.

We enjoyed them so much I did a double batch to take to our extended family get together. These are all pork bacon with the same filling mixture.

Because ABts go great with everything!!!

They looked great, good job on the doneness of the bacon as well
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

We have Abt's alot in our house and love them so much too. The wife loves them so much I have to have them in the refrig cold all the time and I mean all the time. She wants them in the frig for anytime she feels the need. So I smoke alot of them and freezer them in the food saver bags fot quick re-heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky