Fire destroys shed, contents inside

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for sharing Kurt. Makes one think about not leaving any smoker unattended and having a fire extinguisher on hand.

Back in my LEO days, we were also assigned to the volunteer fire department. A large number of fires that we were dispatched on could have been prevented had folks kept a closer eye on things.

Not to make light of their misfortune and I am sincere in saying that I am glad noone was injured, but with a name like Schmolke it only seems natural he would share this fetish of ours.

Was the brisket overcooked?
icon_wink.gif
J/K I'm glad no one was hurt.

Once again, not to make light of a serious situation, but the first thing that popped into my head was....

***husband standing with beer in hand watching shed burn down***
***wife runs up***
"Honey....what happened?"
"well its cold, and that darn butt just stalled at 160 forever and I couldn't push it higher.....bet it gets done NOW ***evil laugh***"

***wife facepalms it**

Good ta hear nobody was hurt, one way ta get a new shop an a new smoker I guess.

My shops got no less then 6 fireextinguishers in it an no smoker is left unattended.

Glad no one was hurt.

However , this is a good warning, I often use my MES out on the porch. A grease fire could, I suppose, drip burning grease out the drain pipe onto the wooden floor of the porch and cause a fire. I am re thinking my practice of leaving the MES unattended on that porch. I guess I should build a metal stand for it. Hmmmm

Good warning.

There are so many folks here that can go to bed with an electric smoker going even at 190* it can still cause a fire and this guy found out. I always have to be awake when I'm smoking. I really cann't fall alsleep with a smoker going.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky