Finger Licking Good

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 21, 2007
Phila.
Well it's done, I don't know what happened to the ABT's. I turned my back for a sec. GONE!!! All in all I think it turned out ok. I want to thank the fourm, I can see the differance in my smokes each time.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

1e0554b3_vbattach15005.jpg

ef02461a_vbattach15004.jpg

6fa7f396_vbattach15003.jpg

d049a3bb_vbattach15002.jpg

Nice job Michael. That brisket looks great!

That my good man is a Chuck roast. To be honest, they don't seem to dry out as much. I mean I stil love my briskets but every once in a while you need a change.

Why thank you brother Knight, but I could of never done it with out ya'lls help, <bows>

This place is amazing. I've been smoking and grilling since I was 15 yrs old and I'm now almost 40. Last weekend I made two racks of the my personal best baby backs. My girlfriend said since I started reading this forum, my meat smoking has become her favorite type of food. She said it was good before and very little of it was inedible, but now it is better than going out. The last two times I've cooked for friends, they've all said I'm the designated cook for their parties now. I attribute this all to this forum. Jeff has created a wonderful place for us to learn.

Darn, hit submit before I commented on your smoke. Looks awesome and I have the same trouble with the ABT's no matter how many I make.

Smokin for life and also everyone else
Nice looking grub, looks absolutely delicious !!!

This site rocks !!! If we all keep sharing recipes the way we do, smoking competitions are going to get even more competative. You just can not make food like this and not be considered by a judge.

man smokin......darn..........

walking dude hollars up the stairs for momma to come look at the chuck roast pics...........

and i thought i wanted to do a tri-tip next..........

WRONG

great job dude

dude

Great lookin grub ... Good job.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Chuck Roast .. huh. I'll check that out. Thanks.

Looks great SFL. The inlaws are visiting this weekend & I was going to smoke a brisket but after seeing those pics I'm considering a chuck roast. Do you take the chuck to the same temp as brisket and should I expect a plateau equal to that of a brisket?

Ozark, I took the roast to 160 and took it off, foiled it for about an hour. And yes it did plateau at 145 for around 3 hours and then CRAWLED to 160. But it was soooooo worth it. After the second slice, out came the juice. That one was done with Jeff's naked rub, and sprayed with apple juice after the first 2 hours.

Awsum looking grub Smokin. Here is is lunch time and I will probably have a ham sandwich.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky