Finally Got My Wifes BBQ Sauce Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
With my wife not gettin around too well since her knee replacement, I've managed to coax her BBQ recipe out of her. As you can see, it's a lengthy BBQ sauce recipe and she didn't think she could stand long enough to do it. I really like this stuff. I prefer it over any store-bought stuff.
Here it is. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I.

Colleen's BBQ Sauce

¼ …....Cup Worcestershire Sauce
½ ….....Stick Butter
2 …......Garlic Cloves crushed
1 …......Small Onion finely chopped
1 Tbs....Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Saute the above ingredients

3 ½ C …...Ketchup
1 C ….......Cup Brown Sugar
1 ¼ tsp…..Onion powder
1 ¼ tsp…..Garlic powder
1 ½ tsp ….Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp.....Coriander
1 tsp ….....Cumin
1 tsp ….....Ginger
1 tsp ….....Chili Powder
1/4 tsp .....Marjoram Leaves
1 tsp ….....Paprika
1 tsp ….....Oregano
½ tsp …....Cayenne Pepper
¼ tsp …....Thyme
1 Tbs …....Coarse Ground Pepper
1/8 tsp …..Liquid Smoke (be careful with this, a little goes a long way)
1/2 C …....Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 C .…...Mustard
2 Tbs …....Honey

After you have sauted the top four items, mix all of the ingredients into a sauce pan and simmer for two hours with lid on.

--ray--
(0|||0)

OH man did you tell her you put this on here? She is going to KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

hahahaha. Thanks will have to put this on the list of things to do.

Looks interesting!

I'm out right now so I'll have to give this a try.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope your wife's knee gets better to the point she'll be able to kick you in the butt for sharing her prized recipe!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

For those of you that copied this sauce recipe, I have edited it.
Prior to my edit is the way that I made my last batch and it turned out great. After my wife went back over it, she realized a couple of mistakes she made. But all is good.
Hope ya all like it...
--ray--
(0||||0)

Oh ok here it is. Thanks for the recipe and I'll let you know what I think very soon.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That is a good looking sauce... what about puttting the sauce in the smoker for 2 hrs., and omitting the liquid smoke? Then you could actually change the flavor of the smoke - hickory, mesquite, apple, pear, ect.

That sounds good.
Problem with this sauce tho is I liked it real well but everyone that said they were goin to try it never got back with me. I must be a loner on this one.
LOL. Oh well ya win some and lose some.

--ray--
(0||||0)

Silverwolf, I'm on it. My last smoke I just brushed chili flavored ketchup on everything.
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif
Pretty poor result indeed.

I have a smoke planned for early next week, plan on making your sauce without any mods. You'll get some feedback, too. You said the original recipe was off a little... can you find out the changes?

Keep 'em coming.

I edited my recipe. What you see is the edit. I'm hoping it's right now. When she wrote this down, she just got home from total knee replacement and was on a lot of pain killers and stuff.
I hope it works out.

--ray--
(0||||0)

Sounds really good, I will definately be trying this.
I wish my wife had a recipe I could share, but my wife can't even cook, unless you count reheating left overs from what I have already cooked. lol

I'm with ya brother. Leftovers and maybe shake-n-bake. If it's easy it's for her. lol But she knows I love to cook and she loves to eat it so I can't complain.

Hey Ray -
Thanks for posting this and I hope your wife is feeling better.
Did you ever find the parts you needed for the KitchenAid stuffer?

thks for sharing ray... hope the wife is feeling better and wont beat you too bad for letting her secret sauce recipie out....... saved and will have to give a try one day soon. dunno about that "liquid smoke" stuff though, whats that lol!!! thks for sharing man!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I'm sure her sauce will be a lot better than my ketchup. Tell her thanks for the recipe and I really hope she's feeling better.

I've made the sauce, and tomorrow (tune in for the Qview) it'll go on chicken breasts, quarters, and some country style ribs.

It's a good tasting sauce, it already got the thumbs up
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
from my wife and two sons.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky